By John F. Miller,Carole E. Newlands
A instruction manual to the Reception of Ovid offers greater than 30 unique essays written by means of best students revealing the wealthy variety of severe engagement with Ovid’s poetry that spans the Western culture from antiquity to the current day.
- Offers leading edge views on Ovid’s poetry and its reception from antiquity to the current day
- Features contributions from greater than 30 best students within the Humanities.
- Introduces everyday and unusual figures within the historical past of Ovidian reception.
- Demonstrates the long-lasting and transformative strength of Ovid’s poetry into glossy times.
Read Online or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Best love poems books
The Caking Chronicles tells the poetic stories of affection, erotic ardour, redemption yet such a lot of all, intimacy. those are the various issues that ensue in an intimate stumble upon among lovers.
E-book DESCRIPTION This, my first ebook is my life’s paintings. It’s 262 pages in eight via 10 paper again, and comprises fifty four photos. This electronic layout is over three hundred Kindle turnover pages. during this e-book, I wrote approximately enjoying ping-pong, paintings problems, and the folk and animals i've got met. I wrote in regards to the lack of my family, my goals and despairs.
An enormous of worldwide literature, an eloquent princess, a dissolute satirist – those are the 3 voices translated from fourteenth-century Persian via Dick Davis in Faces of affection. This booklet is the Persian textual content of the poems.
This ebook stands as a time pill of varieties – a compilation of letters and poems written through one father to his firstborn baby, a bright-eyed daughter. those letters and poems that can were in capsuled, buried, and opened years from now by way of a wizened girl are the following for us all to take pleasure in and from which we will study and develop.
- Poetic Insanity: Because Sometimes Words Can Drive you Crazy
- Chasing the Dragon
- Time and the Erotic in Horace’s Odes
- Simple Thoughts
Extra resources for A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)